Our purpose is to provide a vehicle for worshippers to connect with each other in the corporate praise and worship of God. We believe that worship is a primary means for us to participate in unbroken communion with God.
- We are about worshipping God…all else is secondary.
- We are about modeling, and leading the rest of the congregation in, worship. Our purpose is to worship God, but our job is to model and lead others in worship.
- We are about supporting, encouraging, and building up all members of the worship team. Being on a worship team is a hard and sometimes stressful job, but it must always be a safe place. We will be there for each other and we will hold each other accountable.
- We will strive to attain the highest degree of musical skill we can achieve without compromising the superseding priorities.
For More Info, you can check out the Worship Team Handbook.
Biblical Forms of Worship ::
- Lifting up our hands (Psalm 63:4, 134:2, 141:2; 1 Timothy 2:8)
- Clapping our hands (Psalm 47:1)
- Playing of instruments (Psalm 33:2-3; 150:3-5a)
- Standing (2 Chronicles 5:12; Nehemiah 9:5; Psalm 26:12)
- Kneeling, bowing and prostration (Revelation 19:4; Ephesians 3:14; Philippians 2:10-11; Nehemiah 8:6; Psalm 95:6)
- Singing (Psalm 47:6, 66:2; Acts 16:25)
- Dancing and leaping (Exodus 15:20-21; 2 Samuel 6:14-16; Psalm 30:11, 149:3, 150:4; Acts 3:8)
- Shouting (Psalm 47:1, 66:1, 66:8, 95:1-2, 98:4, 100:1)